EURO-DOGS.eu accompanies an assistance dog training exclusively in cooperation with PSDeurope. Training for PSD’s is aligned with specifications and standards of the Final Rule, issued by the US Department of Transportation. The training of the assistance dog is based on the requirements of the European Union. The relevant legislative texts are being prepared. Corresponding changes are monitored by EURO-DOGS.eu and are continuously incorporated into the assistance dog training.
PSDeurope and EURO-DOGS.eu are also in regular contact with the US Department of Transportation in order to immediately adopt changes or additional regulations and to integrate them into the training program.
EURO-DOGS.eu and PSDeurope make every effort to take into account the current regulations of airlines and to incorporate them into the training program.
VFBB as the sponsor of PSDeurope and EURO-DOGS.eu would like to support airlines in the sense of the implementation of the CRPD 2006/2008 (UN-Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Article 9 paragraph 1) as well as the provisions of the Certified Anxiety Assistance Dog Rules, Article 20 of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights.
182 countries have declared themselves against discrimination and committed themselves to providing all specific marginalized groups with the respective conditions to ensure the best possible independent living. In its Article 9(1), the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities requires its signatory states to take appropriate measures to ensure for persons with disabilities, on an equal basis with others, access to the physical environment, to transportation, to information and communication, including information and communication technologies and systems, and to other facilities and services open to or provided for the public in urban and rural areas.
Invitation: Corresponding ideas and conditions of airlines can be coordinated with us. We see ourselves as partners of service providers and employees to find solutions!
We are open to expanding our learning and training concepts accordingly in order to enable all passengers to have the same travel conditions.
If you are interested, please contact us. We will be happy to present the education and training curriculum to you in detail!
Basic assumptions EURO-DOGS.eu Training
The concept of EURO-DOGS.eu assumes that it is not possible to train an assistance dog as well as a PSD dog like a normal service dog, independent of the dog owner.
What is behind this assumption?
- A person with mental disabilities is not comparable to others. There are almost never two or more people with the same symptomatology. An accompanying assistance dog must therefore be trained to the individuality of the person assigned to it.
- The dog and his human form a well-rehearsed human/animal partner team that only works together and is not based on pressure or pure training, but on the bond and relationship between the two.
- These sensitive human-animal teams need a particularly good cooperation, a mutual “reading” to be able to react to the smallest stimuli.
- The concept of EURO-DOGS.eu therefore provides for both beings to be trained and provided with the information necessary for the relationship to work.
- A dog can work for its human only to the extent that the bond of attachment is undisturbed and strong. The overriding principle, therefore, is that an assistance dog must not, under any circumstances, be separated from its attachment partner without the latter’s free will and must not suffer any breach of trust by its owner.
- A training of the dog according to conventional standards and dog training concepts – as well as the keeping of the animal according to general standards for dog keeping can not work in the mental-psychiatric disease spectrum.
The PSD training concept helps the client to take his dog with him and to avoid unpleasant problems for the airlines and to ensure the necessary safety and protection of all passengers. The education of humans and animals is the key!
We professionally accompany the self-education of the dog owner for the specific support of his symptomatology by the dog.
- Trained psychotherapists with experience in animal-assisted work train people,
- Dog trainers with a lot of experience in training therapy and assistance dogs monitor the training specifications for the dog, taking into account animal welfare requirements.
- Both psychotherapist and dog trainer accompany the human/dog team together until they reach their goals.
Method: We work according to the blended learning principle with a focus on presence, adapted to the group of people concerned.
We teach versatile, interactive, dynamic and flexible according to the symptomatology of the impairments.
The design of the system is aimed at taking into account additional requirements of other airlines and adapting, expanding or even simplifying the concept.
We believe that the approach of combining psychotherapeutic elements – directed at the person – and individual dog training gives airlines the optimal safety and flexibility to transport psychologically distressed people with their assistance dogs (for flights to USA and Canada) with their PSD’s.
- Acquisition of additional customer strata
- No delay in check in, boarding and disembarkation
- No obstruction or frightening of other passengers
- good behavior of man and dog
- Know-how of the pssa greed, what is expected of him and his dog in order not to hinder flight operations
- Knowledge of the right equipment and make sure to have it with you
- correct behavior of the dog in “confined” space
- Consideration of all possible hygiene measures
EURO-DOGS.eu – Contents of the training
Psychotherapeutic therapy session
EURO-DOGS.eu only admits people to dog training if it can be proven that the person needs the dog to cope with daily life.
PSDeurope e-learning course
EURO-DOGS.eu will only certify if the dog owner has successfully completed an e-learning course developed by PSDeurope.
PSDeurope videos created by the client
Often it is not possible for a mentally ill person to visit dog schools or similar institutions. EURO-DOGS.eu therefore accepts and certifies self-created videos of the clients.
Board of Directors + Coordination EURO-DOGS.eu
Wörthersee Süduferstrasse 181
9082 Maria Wörth
(+43) 664 9654601